Monday, June 30, 2008

Weaning???

So I think Sterling is weaning herself. She is 13 days away from being 1. I think she only nursed 3 times today. So what to do?? Do I follow her lead or push her to continue?? What to do? The other 2 I felt I had to wean because I was pregnant and I couldn't handle both pregnancy and nursing. I did nurse them until they were one. I then went cold turkey on them. It was so sad. But I had to do it. I felt like if I continued I put the unborn baby at risk because they don't know why the placenta separated with Chanse's pregnancy. The Dr. said my uterus probably contracted and then it separated. SO my uterus contracting was pretty scary for me. Anyways. Now I am not pregnant. Hallelujah!!! I thought I would nurse as long as Sterling wanted. So is this it? Any thoughts??

While on the subject of Sterling. Today I was nursing her and she likes to wiggle and stand up and do weird things, she was messing around on the first side so I switched her to the other. She nursed for awhile and popped off, sat up and said "DONE." I said OK your done and then closed up shop. She also was climbing up the slide and said "up." She is beginning to say things so so cute. She says "mama" and "mommy" There may be a few other words. She has two teeth now (bottom two middle teeth) and the top two are just about ready to come through. She still isn't walking. She is really close but she just hasn't done it yet. I hope I have the cameras ready for when she does. Ben just told me he was holding her and she said"up."

Update on Hero. I guess she is healing. I think she will have a scar on her beautiful face. I am so sad. I feel so bad and like I failed as a mother to protect her. But I guess I am not a superhero. There really was nothing I could have done. The liquid stitches were a joke. She keeps touching her mouth and she makes all sorts of faces that pull her mouth in all directions. I am still hoping it will not leave a scar.

Chanse is still loving all things Christmas and Santa.

3 comments:

Amy said...

If it were me, I would wean! Nursing right now is so hard because the other boys are constantly climbing over us or needing something. I know for sure I'll be weaning Wade at 1 year. If you can do it longer, more power to ya!!

Amy said...

Also, good to hear Hero is doing better.

Josh and Amanda said...

I would also wean in your situation, but it all depends on you and how you feel about it. I am in the process of weaning Ellee, and I am excited to be done! Good luck! We have been enjoying your blog!