Friday, August 8, 2008

Aspen Grove









So we went to a family reunion at Aspen Grove family camp. We had a very hard time with the kids sleeping. I slept with 2 kids in a queen bed and then very early in the morning the 3rd joined me. Lets just say I laid there awake every night. Needless to say we went home early. All the kids have runny noses and I got home and had a high fever and then realized I have mastitis. Thank goodness we got home when we did. We had fun seeing relatives. But if anyone was thinking of going to Aspen Grove I think you should think twice if you have little ones. I think it is better for families with kids like 8 and older who are comfortable going to activities without mom and dad. The kids loved seeing there cousins. They went on a little hike and played on a cool western playground. We stopped at Cove Fort on the way home our tour guide grew up in South Pasadena many years ago. It was funny that he was from my home town. Anyways I am just trying to get better.

5 comments:

Brittny said...

hope you feel better! sorry you all got sick, that's not fun at all... it was sooo fun to see you guys! hopefully we can do it again soon:) tell everyone hi!

Amy said...

I felt so bad when I heard you got mastitis! But is was really good to see your family and let the kids play. I hope everyone else is doing ok. We already miss you guys!

Mindy B said...

Sorry you are sick!! You'll have to let me know how Cove Fort was... we always say we should stop there when we pass the exit, but never have. Feel better!

Courtney Brasher said...

I cant believe you got mastitis! I hope you are feeling better. I do have to say that the day we got home pierce had a runny/stuffy nose and came down with 102 fever! I felt so bad for the little guy since it was his first illness. He was so sad and not himself at all.He just broke his fever yesterday and still is all stuffed up. I think it may have been due to the floor we were on. My mom commented that she felt that the floor we were on seemed to be a little damp compared to her room. I guess stuff like that happens when your up in the mountains.
WE did have a good time other than pierce getting sick and cant wait to see you guys again!

Courtney Brasher said...

I forgot to add that i also got mastitis when i was nursing with pierce and it was no fun at all! I was miserable and felt so sick and weak. I couldnt even pick pierce up to feed him. Nobody knows how awful you feel unless they have had it. I really feel for you.