Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

The week of Halloween started with a Halloween puppet show at our local library. The kids love the puppet shows put on by the library. Sterling sat on my lap the whole time and was entranced by the puppets. She even called out "NO!" When they asked a yes or no question. It was so cute. When we got home the kids had to do there own puppet show and they kept wanting to reenact The Viper. SO CUTE!!

Then on Thursday we went to Chanse's school multicultural performance. Chanse's class teamed up with the Kindergarten class and they learned all about Ecuador. They sang the Tutti Ta in Spanish and danced. SO SO Funny. We went to a performance in the afternoon. Then when Chanse came home we quickly carved pumpkins. Hero drew the face on her pumpkin and I cut it out. Chanse told me what to draw on his. Then it was off to school again for another performance. The Tutti Ta was by far the best.
This is really funny!! The theme was a trip to South America and all the classes learned about different countries and told info and did a song and dance. They sent home a "boarding pass" as the flier. It had the time and location and to me it was very obvious that this was a performance. One of the teachers told me that several parents called wanting to know the flight number for the child's flight to South America. Are you kidding me? People really called and asked that!! Then the mom who was sitting next to me told the teacher that told me parents called and she said she had called to find out the flight number. I said "you must be really optimistic about your child's education." I was just floored people thought the kids were going to South America.
I asked Sterling to pose by her pumpkin and this is what she did.

Well then on Halloween we had Chanse's, Hero's, and Sterling's friends over for a Halloween party. We sang spooky songs and danced spooky dances and made creepy mud with worms. We read a story called Pumpkin Hill, made paper jack-o-lanterns and had a costume parade. I think all of the kids had fun. In the first picture they are showing their fangs.The kids ate "mud" and Sterling ate real mud!!

After the party I struggled to get the kids to nap. Chanse and Hero laid down with me in my bed and we napped and Sterling napped in her bed. When I got up I carved my pumpkin the most difficult pumpkin I have ever carved Mickey Mouse. Ben came home and carved his and we ate dinner. Then got ready for trick-or-treating. Chanse was Jack Skelington, Hero and Sterling were witches. We met up with our neighbor and went trick-or-treating. The neighbor was sick and went home about 10 minutes after starting. So I was out with 3 kids by myself (Ben stayed home to pass out candy) I carried Sterling most the way and both of the girls' witch brooms. Then Hero's bucket of candy was too heavy. I had to carry that too. But Sterling would not let go of her bucket. She had a death grip on it. She knew it was candy and she didn't want anyone to take her candy. Silly girl. When we got home the kids thoroughly enjoyed their candy.
What a fun Halloween!!

Yesterday I got Sterling's hair into two little pigtails.
SO CUTE!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

so cute!!! i love the video!!it is so funny to see the girls wearing my girls old stuff!! love the witch skirts!!! and i want a ticket to south america!! Are you kidding me!!!! Heidi

Mindy B said...

My girls had so much fun at your party! I'm actually suprised they were up dancing around with everyone, especially Ava, lol. Thanks for inviting us!!! :)

Courtney Brasher said...

The kids look great in their costumes! I also love that you had a Halloween party for the kids and their friends. You are one brave mommy:)

Amy said...

You have such cute, cute kids! The video of Sterling talking was fun to see. She's really doing well! Glad you had a fun Halloween:)

Teressa P. said...

Your kids are so cute! I'm adding you to my list of friends on my blog. Where do you guys live now? I guess I could just look on your facebook profile.