Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Fun Weekend

On Saturday the kids went to Chanse's friend Connor's birthday party at Pump It Up. I thought the kids would love playing on the inflatable bounce houses and stuff. Well it turns out they have different rooms you go in. The first room had a big slide, obstacle course and a bounce house that looked like it was a boxing ring. I took each kid on the slide and tried to help each of them through the obstacle course. But they didn't like it too much. I had to hand Sterling and Hero over the side to Ben because they were so upset and crying. Then I kept going with Chanse and I had to push him to climb up the slide. He did it but was so scared. Sterling kept running to the boxing one and climbing on in and jumping. There was big kids who were so mad she was in there because they wanted to box. I was mad because we were stuck there with nothing the kids liked.

Then it was time to switch rooms. Sterling ran off into a long bounce house with two basketball hoops and was running back and forth trying to get the balls then the big kids came in and ruined it. Then I took Sterling, Chanse, and Hero into the one you are supposed to jump in and Hero was freaking out. I had to hold her and jump. Finally she had me put her down on the big middle section of the bounce house. Then she got up and started to jump and told me to get out! From that point on all three kids had a blast. They loved it. Sterling kept playing peek-a-boo with Daddy. And Chanse was running around and Hero was jumping and having a great time. The funniest thing about the whole thing is that Sterling ran off on her own from the beginning and she is the youngest. They ended up really having fun!!

On Sunday my BFF from high school came to town. I haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Hero. So it has been like 3 1/2 years. We did some silly stuff. We are so WILD AND CRAZY!! We went to the grocery store to get her some fresh fruit. (She was here for a conference and said they feed you junk.) And we went to IN-N-OUT to pay for a gift card she bought but they didn't charge her. And going back may have saved the workers job who messed up. The manager was so impressed that she came back and said people just don't do that anymore. So they gave her 3 free meals. Then she gave them to me because she can't use them because she lives far far away! Thanks Risa!!! I can't wait to have more IN-N-OUT. I am happy to know I have honest friends. Well then we were going to walk around the strip but it was way too cold. So we just hung out in her room which was upgraded to the penthouse. We also had yummy ice cream from Ben And Jerry's. I had chocolate Therapy! Anyways we got to catch up. We took some pictures and after I took them I said you know what we don't look that different and Risa said "We have been taking the same picture for the last 13 years." I think is more like 17 years. Wow has it been that long. Well I was putting the pictures on the computer from this past week and Ben saw them and he hesitated then asked if the picture of Risa and I was from this weekend and I said yes. And he said we look the same. So funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that I made your blog! I will try to figure out how to comment...everytime I comment I feel like I have never done it before. I hope this works!

I am so glad that we got to hang out while I was in Las Vegas--it was so great to catch up with you (other than by reading your blog)! Thanks so much for helping me go back and pay for my gift card (I wouldn't have been able to be honest and save that cashier's job if you hadn't driven me!!)...I am pumped that you got 3 free meals out of it! You deserve it! YUM! I love In-N-Out!

PS: I *love* that Ben thought the picture we took this weekend was from a long time ago. We are cute!

xoxo
Risa

Amy said...

That's so fun when you can see people you haven't seen in so long. Shelly, I like that pic of you. Your blue eyes are soooo blue and beautiful!:)