Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

The first day of Kindergarten did not go so well. I tried to drop Chanse off in his class and he was kick and screaming and crying. I put him down in his seat and put his backpack on his chair and he grabbed his backpack and ran out of the room screaming and ran almost all the way to the playground. I then ran after him and tried again. I also had to give him his name tag and I put it on his shirt and he ripped it off and crumpled it and threw it down. The teacher said try to get out fast. I tried but I could only go one step and he was grabbing my leg. I also had the girls with me in the double stroller so I had to get them out too. Finally the teacher just had to hold Chanse back screaming and crying while I ran out. When I came to get him he was totally happy. Then on the second day we were late to school and we had to go through the office and Chanse was having a fit because he wanted his teacher and we were going the wrong way. I got him to his class room and he was happy as could be. Then yesterday his teacher told me he has been teaching them new songs. Today Chanse told me he had to stand up in the class and count to 20. He did it and got a prize of a pencil and smiley face eraser. Oh and on the second day of school he came home with a picture his teacher tool of the kids on there first day of school and he was smiling and looked happy. This is what I got of Chanse before school on the first day!

This is the picture he came home with the on the second day of school. I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of the picture sorry it didn't come out so well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Chanse will probably be just fine in school. Was it hard to see him go? I hope I don't mess Trenton up too bad! Ha! At least Emily will be here to straighten me out if needed ;)