Monday, September 21, 2009

The Results of my CVS Trip

So at CVS today I bought $25.04 worth of items before tax. I spent $6.54 after tax. And I got $4.00 extra bucks. So exciting the two problems with my visit today was the add said the nail polish started at $0.99. It was buy one get one free and I had a $1.00 off coupon so I should have been able to get two nail polishes for free but the cheapest was $2.99 and it was still buy one get one free and Hero so wanted the bright pink nail polish (which she wants me to put on her toes right now as I am typing) so I had to buy it. So I ended up spending $1.99 (I used the $1.00 off coupon) more then I was planning so I didn't have enough cash so I had to use my card. Stink I wanted to do it all cash oh well. My second problem is I don't like the color of the lipstick I picked out so I will have to return it to get another shade. I also found $21.00 and turned it in. I hope the rightful owner of the money comes back and gets it. All and all I think I did pretty good. Now next week I will try to double my bucks again with out spending very much money. I hope I will spend less then this week. I did spend less this time then last time and came home with double the bucks. Maybe next time I will try to go alone! It might work out better.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Prices for food and everything else has gone up so much. I have been wanting to do this very thing--coupon shopping--but haven't really known how to get started. I've printed out a couple from on-line but that's about it. You are getting to be one smart shopper, Shelly! Way to go;)